The biggest Led Zeppelin discography on the web ...
Benvenuti alla più grande discografia sui Led Zeppelin nel web
FAQ about Led Zeppelin
discography pages and this site
How often do you update your site?
- There's no time scheduled, I can say that I'll do it every time I've new items to list or to correct errors made or to give more detailed informations. Actually I'm doing it almost weekly. There are still countries not ready yet ...
Where did you get your infos?
- I'm a Led Zeppelin collector since a long time (15 years) and I've tried to save most of the infos I found all around; I'm also in contact with some of the most important collectors so I share my infos and ideas.
Do you own all the items listed?
- No, a part of them it's surely in my own collection but the rest is what I've found, discovered or checked in the last years from several sources.
I see that some picture's missed
- There are two kinds of infos in my possession: what I know and what I've in my hands. I started this discography with pictures collected from different sources, from internet to friends, and saved in different lists. What I'm doing first is to check what I already have and use it "as it is", to give an idea of the item listed. Then I'll scan or take better pictures of items in my collection or I'll ask my friends for a little help.
So, if the picture is not present, it's because 1) I've it but it's in poor conditions 2) I've it in my collection but not scanned yet 3) I don't have it but I know where to get it 4) I don't have it but I've seen it maybe once and it's so important that I have to list it (well, in some case it's a broken link, sorry about that, ehm).
I've items that you don't have
- I've no doubt about that! there are so many items around that there'll never be a definitive list. I'm trying to be close as possible to what it can be considered a "complete" discography but I'm pretty sure that there'll be no end at all.
As for the previous question, in some case I already have the item but it's not listed because I don't have a picture ready to use: I'll do it, sooner or later.
Anyway, if you can help or send me pictures or infos about items you have, I can only be thankful in advance: any suggestion is always appreciate.
Last but not lease, my priority is to give a list WITH pictures and I'll do my best for that: to me, it makes a big difference instead of a simple list full of written infos ...
Do you sell them?
- No, this is not a commercial site at all: this is (hopefully) for reference only and for serious collectors interested on understanding Led Zeppelin (and members) production all over the years and countries.
Anyway of course, as a collector, I'm interested on buying items or sell some spare copies from my collection but this is not my job and there's no direct involvement with this site. This will be a private deal so you can contact me directly: I'm always ready for a good deal !
Why there are no bootlegs?
- First of all I do not collect bootleg, I collect mostly official releases only. Second, I found that there are so many web sites with bootlegs infos that one more is useless: on the other hand I didn't find a complete site full of infos about official world wide editions so I started this one by myself. I hope it's the right choice, who knows, you'll say it ...
Why some countries are not listed?
- Did you check the 'other countries' page first? If it's still not there, I think there are only two answers: I didn't made it yet and I'll do it soon (I hope) or I didn't know about it and I don't have items to list.
The definitive answer will be in the future but you can write me and I'll tell you what I'm planning to do.
What about the USA or UK albums discography?
- Led Zeppelin sold millions of copies of albums so there are many many different - slightly or not - pressings: I just started with the "main" list and, on a second step, I'll try to give more details on labels from the same catalog number.
So, there'll be a list also of SP, MO, PR etc. USA pressings or A1/B1, A2/B2, A3/B3 etc. UK pressings ... you know what I mean, I hope ... many many records to list ...!
What about CDs?
- I've to say that it's not my favourite collection but I'm working on it as well: I started with the poor infos I found and from my personal experience, so I know there's a big work to do but it's a beginning of ... what I didn't see anywhere else!
I think it's a good starting point and I still have many infos and pictures to list, so expect some upgrade soon. If you know of a good web site about official CDs, please let me know and I'll contact the owner.
What's your competitor?
- What? there's no competition at all!! I'm doing this site because I was bored to look around for a site that I never find, so I did it by myself.
This means that these discographies are, first over all, for my own purpose and help, than are for friends / collectors. I'll try to collaborate or share my infos with everyone interested on collecting Led Zeppelin and if a better site will surf the web, good! I'll have a better source of inspiration or a bigger list to check!!
On the other hand, I think that this site can be really interesting for online (big) record stores: here they'll find a huge list of items to find and sell and possibly a big source of inspiration for collectors, already customers.
Do you make money with this site?
- No, it'ld be very nice, but I don't see how it'll happen! As most of the sites, I linked the 'Google adverts' and the 'Ebay auctions' and I signed for Google AdSence and Commision Junction.
But if you don't click on the advert or you don't buy from an ebay auction I'll receive no money (cents = peanuts) and ... this site will never be on top of the visited list, don't you think so? yes, I've my own ebay store (Recommended-Seller-Luke) but I don't list frequently; you can bookmark it ... if you like, of course.
I also put a link to 'Paypal donate' that it might be interesting for those of you who'll consider my site interesting / helpful and worth more than a visit: this is totally up to you, feel free to donate or not, any cent will be reinvested in my collection eh eh
What's the real name of this site?
- Ah! of course the 'real' name is www.vjez.com but I'ld like to consider it as "The most comprehensive Led Zeppelin - and members - discography on line" or "The biggest Led Zeppelin discography" or "Led Zeppelin worldwide discographies: albums, singles, cds". But you can name it as you like it ...
Can I use your pictures / infos in my site?
- My first answer is a question: why? do you want to make another site like mine? for what? get linked and that's enough! I've no problem on give you what you want, but I'ld like to know why you want it! This site is costing me a lot of time and work and I don't see why you'ld like to use my work for your own: why don't you consider a proper link (also reciprocal, if you prefer) and a small credit to www.vjez.com?
If you're a LZ collector or fan, you're part of the 'big family' so you'll probably be more interested on supporting my site than ditching it, don't you? anyway, you can write me first and we'll find an agreement, for sure.